Jump to Navigation

905(b) Claim Maritime Lawyers in Houston

Helping You Navigate the Complexities of Maritime Law

If you are injured and covered by the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA), you may be able to obtain compensation for your medical costs and lost wages. However, LHWCA claims are similar to workers' compensation claims, in that the injured worker can recover certain types of damages and medical costs but not other types of damages.

However, there are circumstances in which an injured worker can obtain additional compensation. Provisions in section 905(b) of the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act enable a worker to obtain compensation in cases involving negligence by a third party, or when the worker's employer owned the vessel on which the worker was injured.

Call Spagnoletti & Co. at 877-678-5864 to learn more about your rights and how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.

Experienced Houston 905(b) Claim Attorneys

Spagnoletti & Co. is a maritime law firm that provides results-oriented representation for workers covered by the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. We have successfully represented hundreds of clients and made maximum recoveries for people who have suffered harm because of negligence.

Third-Party LHWCA Claims

Section 905(b) of the LHWCA enables an injured harbor worker to obtain compensation for the full amount of lost wages and pain and suffering in the following circumstances. This is in addition to the benefits provided under LHWCA.

Negligence by a third party — If the injuries were caused by a third party, such as a contractor or equipment supplier. Spagnoletti & Co. has experience in defective product cases, and the knowledge and technical resources needed to successfully pursue these challenging cases.

Negligence by the employer — If your injury occurred on a vessel owned by your employer, you may also be entitled to claim compensation for lost wages and pain and suffering.

Compensation from a 905(b) claim can greatly exceed that which you are entitled to under the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. In your case, Spagnoletti & Co. will seek maximum compensation from all possible sources.

Free Consultation With a Lawyer

Contact Spagnoletti & Co. for a free consultation with an experienced 905(b) claims lawyer.

Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.