Experienced Lawyers Handling 905(b) Claims

If you are injured and covered by the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA), you may be able to obtain compensation for your medical costs and lost wages. However, LHWCA claims are similar to workers’ compensation claims, in that the injured worker can recover certain types of damages and medical costs but not other types of damages.

However, there are circumstances in which an injured worker can obtain additional compensation. Provisions in section 905(b) of the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act enable a worker to obtain compensation in cases involving negligence by a third party, or when the worker’s employer owned the vessel on which the worker was injured.

Call Spagnoletti Law Firm in Houston at 877-678-5864 to learn more about your rights and how our attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve.

Experienced With 905(b) Claims

Spagnoletti Law Firm is a maritime law firm that provides results-oriented representation for workers covered by the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. We have successfully represented hundreds of clients and made positive recoveries for people who have suffered harm because of negligence.

Third-Party LHWCA Claims

Section 905(b) of the LHWCA enables an injured harbor worker to obtain compensation for the full amount of lost wages and pain and suffering in the following circumstances. This is in addition to the benefits provided under LHWCA.

Negligence by a third party: If the injuries were caused by a third party such as a contractor or equipment supplier. Spagnoletti Law Firm has experience in defective product cases, and the knowledge and technical resources needed to successfully pursue these challenging cases.

Negligence by the employer: If your injury occurred on a vessel owned by your employer, you may also be entitled to claim compensation for lost wages and pain and suffering.

Compensation from a 905(b) claim can greatly exceed that which you are entitled to under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. In your case, Spagnoletti Law Firm will seek compensation from all possible sources.

Free Consultation With A Lawyer

Contact Spagnoletti Law Firm for a free consultation with an experienced 905(b) claims lawyer. Fill out our online contact form or call 713-804-9306 or 877-678-5864.