Vigorously Representing Families Of Fatal Accident Victims

The Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA) enables the families of deceased seamen to obtain compensation. The death must have occurred in international waters and have been caused by the negligence of a crew member or the vessel’s owner or operator. Families and personal representatives of maritime workers killed in aviation accidents more than 12 miles from U.S. shores can also claim compensation.

Spagnoletti Law Firm is a team of attorneys that provides aggressive, results-oriented representation for families of deceased seamen. Our attorneys have extensive experience in wrongful death litigation and the advocacy skills needed to prevail in settlement negotiations or at trial. Having successfully represented numerous maritime workers, our attorneys understand how to investigate accident cases and establish the liability of the responsible party or parties. We will work diligently to obtain the best possible result for you.

Compensation In A Death On The High Seas Act Case

Damages that are available in a DOHSA case differ from those in a typical wrongful death claim. Compensation is available for pecuniary losses, including support and contribution and loss of services. In certain circumstances, families may obtain damages for their emotional suffering.

There are additional avenues available to families. For example, you can claim damages for loss of household services and loss of nurture to children, provided by your loved one. Our lawyers are skilled at identifying all possible losses, and we will seek full compensation for you.

If your loved one died as the result of defective equipment, you may be able to obtain additional compensation through a third-party claim against the equipment manufacturer. Spagnoletti Law Firm has experience in products liability cases, and we will seek to obtain the compensation our clients are fully entitled to from all possible sources.

Contact Us For Assistance

To learn more about your legal options, contact us online or call 713-804-9306 or