Handling Third-Party Claims Under LHWCA

Harbor operations and marine construction activity depend on heavy machinery and highly skilled labor. However, a defective piece of equipment or negligence by a contractor or another party can cause a serious or fatal injury.

If you are covered by the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and you have been injured by the negligence of a third party, you should speak with an experienced maritime law attorney as soon as possible.

Do You Have A Third-Party Claim?

People who are covered under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) are entitled to obtain compensation for medical costs, rehabilitation services and disability benefits for time off work. If an injury is caused by the negligence of a third party, or when the accident happened on a vessel owned by the worker’s employer, you can seek additional compensation in a 905(b) claim.

Compensation obtained from the third-party side of your case can exceed the benefits you obtain under LHWCA by a significant amount.

Spagnoletti Law Firm is a law firm that aggressively represents longshoremen and other workers covered by LHWCA. In every case, we seek compensation for our clients from all sources.

Establishing Third-Party Negligence In An LHWCA Case

When you retain our law firm, we will undertake a comprehensive investigation of the events that led to the accident. Spagnoletti Law Firm has experience in defective equipment cases. We also have access to mechanical engineers, harbor operations specialists and other experts who can investigate the accident and establish the liability of the third party.

Our lawyers will also calculate the full amount of your losses for inclusion in your claim, including medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering. Spagnoletti Law Firm will work diligently to obtain the best possible result for you.

Contact Our Firm

For a free consultation about a third-party claim under LHWCA, contact Spagnoletti Law Firm in Houston, Texas. Fill out our online contact form or call 713-804-9306 or 877-678-5864.