Serious And Catastrophic Injuries
When accidents and injuries are relatively minor, any one of the numerous attorneys may be able to negotiate with insurers and obtain an award. When injuries are serious or catastrophic, though, lawsuits quickly become highly challenging. For instance:
- What is the full extent of injuries and loss?
- How much will future medical expenses cost?
- What are the limits of known applicable insurance policies, and is there any additional coverage?
- Is the claim covered by state liability laws, maritime law, international treaty, the Jones Act or other acts, laws or regulations?
The Houston serious injury lawyers of Spagnoletti Law Firm have the experience and resources to manage the complexities of catastrophic injury claims, and to fund the high-value expenses that serious personal injury litigation can involve. We are knowledgeable regarding admiralty law, the Jones Act, the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and other applicable laws, and can negotiate and litigate effectively for your rights following:
- Neck, back and spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Closed and open head injuries
- Brain injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Dismemberment/loss of limb
- Burns, crushing and electrocution
- Broken bones
- Head injuries leading to cognitive issues, changes in personality, difficulty with memory and loss of motor skills